Tuesday 29 January 2013

Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise. Repeat.

From left to right; Boots Botanics 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Mist, Palmers Daily Calming Facial Lotion, Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser.

The fact of the matter is; our skin is pretty damn important. I do think that you should prioritize sorting out your insides first, mind you - eating good, plenty of water; the usual kind of thing that your doctor, dermatologist and mama would tell you to do. 



There is this of course make up to make your skin look at its best, but what is the point when your putting Dior foundation on not that very nice skin? Your skincare should be providing an excellent base for make up, or should you be so lucky enough - your skin is clear enough that you don't even need any skin-make up at all.



Given that I am on a budget - I have been testing these products for a long time, since September 2012 at the latest - So I am gonna stick my two cents in. 



Or two pence. I am a brit lass, after all. Ready for ramble? CHECK!



The Toning mist by Botanics has long been a favourite on the blogospere, much like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir - however I have only used this as a toner, not on top of make up - because it is just a toning mist, let's get that out of the way. It's 100% organic, which means no nasty shit - which is always nice and the scent to me, is especially calming at night time. The boyfriend hates the smell of rose oil, like it seems most of my organic products contain, and says it smells of Turkish delight - and frequently asks me to apply it in another room... Can't win 'em all. This really is a great toner though and saves me using too much product like most pour-onto-cotton-pad/wool toners - and the fact it's cheap is also a huge factor - given this is a budget feature. 



The Palmers Daily Calming Lotion is one that I seriously cannot recommend enough! You only need a little bit of product as it is quite thick (I have dry sensitive skin, most of the time, FYI,) it smells freaking gorgeous (even my hamster has tried nibbling my chin thanks to the cocoa smell,) and what's more it's under £6. I have quite red cheeks, and I am contemplating seeing a dermatologist to see if it is rosacea, but for the mean time it really is calming my skin before I apply make up. Great base too. This also comes in an SPF version - which is always handy. 



I have tried many hot cloth cleansers (Liz Earle, No7 included,) - all have been satisfactory and just what I need for my dry skin. I found this Superdrug concoction to be a serious competitor. It's under £6 again, rich in vitamin E, BUAV approved (yay for animals!) and claims to defend the skin against environmental damage. Maybe those in London could give it a go? In any case, the scent is hugely subtle, it's gentle for my sensitive skin, rich and creamy for the dryness and comes with a handy-dandy muslin cloth. Huzzah. 



Since using these products my skin has had less breakouts, reduced redness, reduced in dry areas and really has me falling in lurvee. 



So really, if you're on a budget, give these a go!



Peace!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!