Thursday 6 June 2013

Favourites & Constants






I'm picky most of the time. With food, with interior choices and of course with beauty products. If I find something that works for me, especially for my body - I'll stick to it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Some of my constants that I couldn't be without, the top three that are always to hand are the E45 Intense Recovery Lotion - perfect for dry skin and sufferers of eczema alike this product is a god send. Although there is that unique E45 scent, I couldn't care less as it soon goes away, I always come back to this if my skin flares up. The Toni & Guy Sea Salt Spray is my best friend. I rarely style my hair in any way and just spritz this on for a tousled beachy look. Applied on damp hair over night whilst it's in a plait? Genius. Of course no one can be without Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. It's just that product. The scent is bloody awful, but it lasts ages and I couldn't do without it. When it runs out I'll pick up the scent-free concoction but I swear by this for dryness, impromptu lip scrubs (use a cotton bud and go crazy,) and even on nail cuticles. Truly a life saver.

Second to these, a tub of Carmex for pre-bed time soothing, Burts Bees Hand Salve for particularly bad cuticles or dry areas on the hands, a good hand cream - I either use any L'Occitane hand cream because they are just beaut, Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector during winter but at the moment it's Neal's Yard Bee Lovely hand cream. It smells incredible. My favourite shower gel is Creightons Vanilla and Macadamia Cocoon (available at Morrisons,) - it smells so so amazingly yummy and really hydrates and under £2 - who the hell am I to argue with that? I've just ordered a case of them. Oh yes, I'm in love... and for post shower/bath feet treats it has to be Soap and Glory Heel Genius. What's there to say? It's a classic, smells divine and really works. 

The new up-and-comers are Bioderma's Sensibio - I love, I adore. I purchased a bigger bottle. It gets rid of all make up before a thorough cleansing and honestly my skin is grateful. Lastly, Burts Bees Facial Cleanser - it feels partially like an oil, partially like a balm and has really gentle exfoliation to it too - perfect for mornings when you want a burst of orangey-goodness to wake you up.

What products can you really not do with out?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!