Tuesday 25 June 2013

Hair Care Routine




When it comes to hair I've always been of the opinion 'less is more' - I don't like to pile on products every single day and I sure as hell won't use more than one or two styling products - because if I have to use more than that - then I know that the products I'm using just ain't working and should be ditched for something that does work.

I've had a bit of a switch up with my shampoo and conditioner as of late. Mentioned here, the L'Oreal EverPure shampoo and conditioner are sulphate free (essential for not ruining coloured hair,) and while they are not completely free of 'nasties,' I've seen a radical difference in regards of itchiness on the scalp and helps keep my colour bright. 

Standard shampoo and conditioner wasn't working anymore, to the point where my hair was actually dry... I never had dry hair before, it's usually always soft (but because I have a fringe, that tends to get a bit greasy before the rest of my hair,) and my hair is always well behaved. 

I'm really loving these two at the moment so if you're looking to start going sulphate free or just fancy a new shampoo/conditioner combo to try - give these ago, especially if you colour your hair like I do or if it's quite dry. 

Moving onto masks/treatments I've also been using the L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise EverPure Reinforcing Intense Mask aimed to help coloured/dry hair, I've been loving using this. I only use it once a week as to not overkill my hair completely - and I must say I love the way it feels afterwards. It doesn't weigh down my hair and it smells gorgeous. 

Also in the treatment section is the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment. I usually use this product about three days after the L'Oreal mask - if I haven't mention already I am trying to grow my hair out - and whilst I don't think this a wonder product - I think in time it has gradually helped with growth and keeping my hair healthy at the same time. 

In terms of styling - I don't do much. A simple sea salt spray is all I need, along with a spritz of hair spray if it's being truly unruly - but I like my hair looking a bit like a lions mane. I only use heat defense products (usually Aussie,) if I blow dry or straighten/curl my hair which never happens really. I hate using them and loathe when I have to get them out of their drawer.

So that's my favourite hair care products, what's yours?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!