Wednesday 26 June 2013

Moiturisers | Skincare Edit

La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche - Avene Hydrance Optimale 

I have a love hate relationship with moisturisers. They are essential as I have dry/dehydrated skin which is prone to redness but the choice is so dizzying nowadays that it can be hard to find your perfect hydrating companion. Fun, right? 

I've been tackling my skincare problems and so far I may have found the perfect duo for my day and night routine...

For day time I've been using the Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich - which does have an SPF of 20 but the SPF isn't what I bought it for... it was the 'hydrance' bit had me at hello, you see. 

So I did my research and read the reviews (standard procedure,) - I went for the rich version because as I mentioned, my skin is dry as well as dehydrated and figured the extra ooph wouldn't hurt much. I was right to get the rich version, I think light would of been too light for me (but check it out if you have normal/dehydrated or oily/dehydrated!) because even though this is the rich version, it's still light weight, a dream to apply as it absorbs so well and once it is applied? Oh god, the hydration! It literally feels like I just plunged my face into a bucket of water. It's a good base for make-up too - although these days primer usually takes care of that task. 

For night time I have been using La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche for Sensitive Skin. You could use this moisturiser for day time but to be honest it's actually a little too heavy for spring/summer day time wear - but this is perfect for night time use for me as it packs an equal punch to the Avene - but obviously it does it's hydrating job over night (it is listed as a night time and day time moisturiser on Escentual.) 

I would probably even have to make sure I have a little tube on standby for when I have any dry patches - because this little tube has already fixed a few of those for me! It's also worth mentioning that they also do a light version of this.

I bought both of these at Escentual - they have a third of french pharmacy brands at the moment so while there's still time go have a look!

What's your favourite moisturiser combo?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!