Thursday 19 September 2013

Cheekmate | Cheek + Lip Stain



I've said it before and I'll say it again; I can take or leave blushers. They aren't my favourite step in my routine due to the fact I already have quite flush-prone skin. If I can control the redness, on the blush goes; if not? Well I've taken to just thinking 'to hell with it!' and leaving it at that.

Cream blushers are heaven (particularly proper cream blushers that don't dry to a powder,) for my dry skin, and I rarely touch my powder blushers unless I'm having a really good skin day. I hadn't even considered gel stains until I spotted this Soap and Glory Cheekmate Cheek and Lip Stain on a recent trip to Boots.

The info then? It's a gel cheek and lip stain that is supposed to enhance the circulation in the capillaries of the skin. It contains raspberry seed, kiwi extract and vitamin c to moisturize and condition. So does it live up to what it says on the (delightful,) tube?

In a word; yes. The nozzle is fine and needle like so precision with this is easy. Only a little is needed to give a really subtle rosy glow. The kind that says 'I've just been out on a brisk walk.' It's also really easy to blend, just pop a little where you want your rosy glow and blend with fingers although the Real Techniques Stippling Brush also does a fine job too. 

As mentioned this is a gel stain, so the moisturizing properties are there - it doesn't cake at all, not that I expected it too. It doesn't settle into any rogue dry patches and stays put all day - which is no mean feat!

At £8 I personally think this is a steal considering it does an amazing job, doing both lips and cheeks. It also frees up time in your mornings, and space in your make up bag. Win win!

Have you tried the Soap and Glory Cheekmate?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!