Friday 20 September 2013

New Concealer Love




I've tried a plethora of concealers, long lasting, illuminating and more sheer offerings for good skin days. The only problem is that while initial usage can be great - it seems that lately the concealers I've liked have become rarely used due to either caking (under eye, although now I never go past the middle of the pupil if that makes sense?) or they are just to dry for certain areas of my face.

I watched this video from the ever lovely Wayne Goss raving about the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and figured it wouldn't hurt to pick one up and give it a go, especially as it's under a tenner. I do love a bargain, if it does the job of course.

You know what it's like though; one blogger or vlogger (well known, of course) recommends something and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of. It wasn't until a weekly shop at Tesco when I managed to pick one up for a measly £5(usually £5.98.)

This is the perfect colour match for me, although obviously it isn't a great colour match for my hand - but I just wanted to show what it was like when blended out. This is not drying at all - which is my main gripe with concealers. I can usually overcome cakey-ness, but this one doesn't do that on my under eyes either. It also does a marvelous job on blemishes (redness in my case,) and the occasional spot that comes up. 

So my verdict? This is my favourite concealer of the moment that does it all and very nicely too. On the concealer wishlist however, Nars Creamy Concealer; I'd love to see how the two compare and see whether the claims are true that the Fit Me concealer is a reasonable dupe. That and a repurchase of the YSL Touche Eclat, of course. 

Have you tried the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer?

Peace! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!