Tuesday 10 December 2013

Bedside Beauty


If I have one mantra before I go to bed, it's moisturise. I'm not the kind of gal to keep a plethora of beauty bumf around the bedside table - just the necessities that aid in the nightly ritual of injecting as much moisture as possible...
Given that the cold weather has now settled in (we even had some snow a few weeks ago, it didn't stick, which is a shame,) for the long run I've had to pull out the big guns for hand cream needs; The Body Shop's hand cream range is seriously hydrating and perfect for night time healing. My favourites are the Almond Hand and Nail Cream and the Hemp Hand Protector. If your hands tend to get super dry (the skin cracking, red and sore kind,) these are the creams for you.

For elbows, knees and feet I keep a small tube of the Palmers Concentrated Cream near by. This is also soothing enough of the odd patch of eczema, too. Because it is so concentrated, a little goes a long way which means you won't be wasting money either.

For lips it has to be the Reve De Miel lip balm from Nuxe. Ultra moisturising, smells divine and just does a fantastic job of keeping lips hydrated over night.

I also like to keep a little multi-purpose balm around as they are handy for pretty much anything and everything - my current choice is the Botanics Super Balm - but I also have a BalmBalm one rattling around in my handbag too.  

Another hand hydrating staple is the Burt's Bees Hand Salve, I tend to use this in conjunction with my hand cream when my hands look as if they are past saving - on really dry patches and it's also great used around the nails too.

What beauty products do you keep on your bedside table?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!