Thursday 12 December 2013

Birthday Bits + Bobs


I'm not usually one for posting about bits I've picked up for Christmas or birthdays, mostly because I forget about posting about them and partially because I feel a little weird about it. That being said I'm pretty excited with the beauty related bits that have come my way (via vouchers and friends, thank you Becky!) and thought I'd let you guys have a little nosy. 
From one of best friends I received two gorgeous nail polishes from Models Own - one gorgeous nude (Nyla Nude) and a beauty of a bronze (Bronze Rage.) I'm seriously excited to crack these out next time I have a manicure.

Next up is a purchase I've been deliberating over for the longest time, ever since the hype started; Hydraluron. It's currently a third off in Boots and I had a few vouchers too, which was helpful and I've just started using it so I'll let you guys know how I get on with it in a few weeks time. I was pretty excited to find this in my local Boots - who rarely stock anything like this. 

Also from Boots I picked up a few L'Oreal pieces. The Lumi Magique Highlighter/Concealer is apparently pretty darn dupe-able to my old favourite the YSL Touche Eclat and fairly similar in quality. I also fell for the packaging too, which is just plain gorgeous. I'm wondering how this compares to the Collection Illuminating Touch pen, which is also pretty amazing especially for the price. I also got the Brow Artiste pencil in dark brunette - pretty interestingly this comes with a finishing wax on the other side and I'm loving it so far!

No7 has always been one of my favourite brands; their skincare range is awesome and their make up is just ah-mazing quality (I've spoken of my love for the Essentially Natural foundation plenty of times,) and since I've run out of my last eyeliner pen - I picked up the No7 offering. So far it's keeping black (not fading to a dodgy grey,) keeping in place and pretty easy to apply. 

Last but not least I picked up my favourite hand cream (mentioned in yesterdays post) - The Body Shop Almond hand cream, it smells gorgeous but most importantly it keeps my hands looking normal and healthy instead of a dry sore mess.

So that's my little birthday post! What are you hoping will be under your tree come Christmas?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!