Thursday 2 January 2014

December | Notes & Happy New Year


Gosh, I don't know about you but Christmas is tiring; the stress of worrying about what to buy for who, what the menu will be like and trying to avoid overly panicking supermarket shoppers (especially if you're only popping in for one or two bits, I was traumatized!) - Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. But yes, tiring. 

So allow me to reflect over this month and quickly go over this year, because it has been a good year, with it's own ups and downs and that is the beauty of life...


This month has been enjoyable (and painful, I have no update for my back, so I'll skate over that issue as there is no change,) and it's been amazing getting time to spend with family (mine and Josh's) which is probably one of the reasons why I love December so much; it's essentially family month.

Josh and I went out for an amazing meal at the beginning of the month with his dad and his girlfriend, his brother and sister and her girlfriend. They also played bowling beforehand but alas, I had to sit and watch; it's hilarious watching people pretend they don't care about the score of a bowling match but all three males were scarily competitive by the end...

I also turned 23. Not much to write about there as we had a quiet night in, which are my favourite kind of nights. Joshua made dinner and we watched awesome films. Perfect.

On Christmas Eve it was Josh's mums birthday so we all went to Carnglaze Caverns (pictures above,) for a small outing. Seriously beautiful subterranean lake and pretty interesting history. 

This was also the month of baking; never have I baked so much in the run up to Christmas. I did a few treats for our hairdresser when she came around a few days before Christmas; we fed her well and gave her plenty of wine spritzers. I then laid out a huge buffet style feast for when my sisters family and her extended family came around on Boxing day. It was really great to hear everyone enjoying the food and just chatting up a storm. Seriously, it was the epitome of Christmas.

I start back studying for my Open Uni course in a couple of days (to the reader who asked, yes I will be writing more about my experience soon!) and I'm looking forward to it and all of the challenges that come.

As for this year? It's been a grand one, 2013. Though I've been in pain for the majority of it, it doesn't stop me from looking back and feeling positive because there were so many great times.

I won't be making any resolutions - I think people put too much pressure on themselves to do great immediately. So I shall just say, I hope all of your 2014's are prosperous, healthy and fun.

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!