Tuesday 7 January 2014

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer


First and foremost; one of my favourite illuminating concealers has to be from YSL, the classic 'Touche Eclat' stole my heart when I was fourteen (and has many times over...) but after my latest tube ran out I ran out and picked up the Collection offering (amazing quality, insanely cheap price. Holy grail for me,) but soon that had also ran out. I'd been tempted from the L'Oreal Lumi Magique range for a while, especially the concealer pen with its sleek golden tubing, similar of course to its higher end sister. I had to indulge...


Of course with YSL, you actually have a decent shade range to choose from (can you remember when there were just three?) however high street offerings are usually left to three or four at best usually dubbed; fair, light, medium and dark. With L'Oreal - you also get three choices depending on your skin tone. 

I'd usually be antsy about this kind of thing, a lack of shade choices in drug store/high street make up lines; but it kind of has to be remembered; this is a highlighting concealer. I mostly use this to add highlights to the face whilst providing a light coverage - not to cover dark circles or ghastly spots. No. If you want to brighten your under-eyes, go in with your normal concealer first. Light layers helps.


I have the 'light' variation and it tends to lean a little more yellow (which is fine by me, as it cancels any rogue redness,) on the skin. It obviously offers a light amount of coverage whilst providing a pretty subtle highlight and lasts well throughout the day and blends reasonably well with various methods (brush, sponge and fingers.)

There is only one niggle, it feels a little drying on the skin after a while. It could just be my skin - of course, but as it came toward the end of the day, it just didn't look all that great and felt odd in the places I'd applied. It might be so that normal/combination skins might get on better with this concealer.

For that reason even though I quite fancy the packaging, I don't think I'll be buying it again. I much prefer the Collection's offering - as it blends extremely well, lasts all day and doesn't cake, patch or in general dry oddly. It's also a little cheaper too, which never hurts.

Have you tried this concealer? What were your thoughts?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!