Wednesday 15 January 2014

Transitional Nails


The one thing that annoys me most about mid-January is the fact people tend to assume the UK will immediately launch into spring, the sun will be shining and we'll all be wearing dresses come February...

There is one setback; we are still in winter. I couldn't get into my car this morning since it was frozen completely shut and I can't even bare the thought of baring skin quite so soon and it makes me want to hide under my duvet until summer...

I'm of course being extremely negative; but there is one easy way to get that early bird take on spring, with an easy transitional nail colour.


L to R; Ciate Cookies & Cream, Essie Bikini so Teeny, Barry M Lychee, Barry M Prickly Pear, L'Oreal Rose Bagatelle, Essie Full Steam Ahead. 

Of course, my favourites are nudes and nudes with a hint of grey (greige) or a cheeky hint of rose. My top three (as pictured above,) are Ciate Cookies & Cream, Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Lychee and L'Oreal Color Riche in Rose Bagatelle. All have great lasting power (especially teamed with good base and top coats,) and application is a breeze. 

A little winter pastel never hurts on the nails - often blues and lilacs are featured in winter collections - which is why it's a pretty way to ease into spring without loosing the essential chunky knitwear. My personal favourites are Essie Bikini so Teeny, Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear and Essie Full Steam Ahead.

So these are my favourite winter to spring transitional colours but tell me if you have any recommendations? 

Also - Keep your eyes peeled for tomorrows post, a cheeky giveaway might be happening featuring Essie's Bikini So Teeny...

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!