Thursday 20 February 2014

Night Duo


I think I can be as bold as to say that when it comes to mixing things up; especially in skincare and makeup, it's not a new thing for us to do right? If you want your perfect shade of foundation sometimes you just gotta do a bit of mixology on that shiz! Skincare is something I've always been a bit gung-ho on in terms of mixing...
My current favourite duo to mix up is the Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant + and The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. The latter is a new-ish product to me, and whilst I love it so far, I won't be doing a full review on it just quite yet.

Both of these products work well on their own - the Trilogy oil is one of my favourites and so far hasn't been beaten for quality, outcome or price - ever. I've mixed this up with night creams, overnight masks and even face masks in the past and it just adds a little somethin' somethin' to otherwise average products and turning them wonderful. 

The Body Shop Serum-in-Oil as mentioned is a new-ish purchase that so far is pleasing me no end. There is only a faint scent so no irritation to the skin at all. Once you 'drop' this out it feels more oil than serum - but in a watery way that some serums can have a tendency to be like (is this making sense? It's runny,) but once worked onto the face it absorbs pretty well before going in with moisturiser. I've heard a lot of people say that it is too greasy for them - having dry skin, I am so far finding my skin to eat it up but I literally only use a drop or two. Less is more.

Combined together just before bed (after all the usual cleanse, tone, serum, moisturise deal,) a few small drops of each make an astounding treatment that leaves you with super soft, clear skin. I've once again been feeling a little flu/sick/cold kind of deal coming on which usually ends up in dry skin patches and the odd breakout - so far this bug hasn't come to fruition and neither has the negative skin affects. I think mostly down to mass consumption of water and these two beauts.

What are your favourite skincare combos?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!