Wednesday 19 February 2014

Spring Ready


I'm just one of those people that prefers autumn/winter over spring/summer. Despite that, I'm embracing the coming season (here's lookin' at you, March,) by switching up, adding and taking away a variety of products to put me more in a 'spring ready' mood...


The Body Shop Body Brush was top of my shopping list for the longest time - after having used a variety of 'manual' scrubs (that do just a good job,) like hemp hand mitts - but those have a tendency to shed after a while so looked for something a little more robust. This has been perfect pre-shower, taking strokes in circular motions towards the heart. Perfect if you have dry skin - or just need more of a boost than standard body scrubs.

For getting super soft feet ready for flouncing around in sandals - I rely on the Heel Genius from Soap and Glory. I cannot worship this stuff enough as it does what is promised - providing smooth and supple feet. It also smells gorgeous too, which is a bonus.

I much prefer wearing lighter makeup bases over heavy and one favourite for adding a bit of not-quite dewy, not-quite satin finish is the Bourjois Happy Light foundation. The colour range is completely pants - if you're really fair or dark, lets be honest, but if you can find one you're matched to - pick it up! It's gorgeous.

For nails I prefer a somewhat 'muted' approach to spring -  decent pastels, light oranges and grey. That kind of deal. My two favourites, especially worn together are the Seventeen Gel Colour in Long Island and the Rimmel Salon Pro (Kate range,) in Reggae Splash.

Last but not least - a touch of orange and/or coral to the lips and I'm done. I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous - on it's own, it's a gorgeous orange - but I love mixing these up with other lipsticks/glosses to make a 'catered' shade. Want a beautiful orange toned red? Layer the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter 'Candy Apple' over the top. You're left with super plump looking lips too. Awesome.

What are your product recommendations for spring?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!