Tuesday 4 March 2014

Empties #9


Another week, another small pile of empties... 

One product that has stood the test of product longevity has to go to the Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask. I've had this for god knows how many months, using a walnut sized 'dollop' twice a week and focusing mainly on the ends of my hair. It's fairly thick, so greasy haired-types be warned, it might not be for you. However as I have coloured hair and my ends are usually quite dry - this works a treat at softening everything up, making hair shiny,soft but most importantly for me - hydrated in the right areas. Just an all round great hair mask.

Another hair care 'hero' is the Vo5 Plump it Up Dry Shampoo. My god, this stuff must be made by the gods because it is just that good. I'm not even exaggerating. I used to get by on batiste for my fringe but a few months ago heard about this little number and it's been love ever since. You do get a bit of a white cast (typical with dry shampoos though...) but once you fluff your hair and run a brush through, it's already gone and you're left with a bit of volume, texture and cleaner looking hair.

With this next product, I apologise because I haven't been able to find it online in months - but you might catch it in store. The Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum is one of the best I've tried for it's price point - great if you're on a budget or just starting to amp up your skincare routine. It doesn't feel tacky at all, and leaves skin feeling a little plumper and more hydrated.

Last but not least, the No7 Cleansing Balm was bought on a whim one shopping day in Boots however I quickly fell in love with it, in fact after one use I was smitten. Now, this really isn't a typical balm cleanser at all - definitely a cream cleanser. However even though it's targeted for dryer skin types, the cream feels so lightweight that I think it would suit combination/oily types too. It also has a light scent so perfect for the more sensitive types. It removes makeup like a dream, although I prefer using cream cleansers after a quick pre-cleanse - and leaves skin feeling clean without being stripped, super soft and hydrated. One I'll definitely be picking up again. 

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!