Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spring Top 5 | Lips


When it comes to lips and colour - it's the one part of my makeup routine that isn't strictly a routine; I switch it up on a daily basis usually dependent on mood and quite frivolously, the weather outside.

Now that we're in Spring (I think it's quite British to moan about the weather and discuss it, but seriously we had five days of Summer the other day...) I'd thought I'd round up five of my current favourites for this time of year...
First up, the Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious. It's a velvety matte with decent lasting power and a no-fuss kind of application that goes hand in hand with lipstick-crayon-balms. There's no dodgy dry patches to be seen and the colour is a beautiful orange/coral that I don't already have in my collection.

Two old(ish) favourites from the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter range; Tutti Frutti and Strawberry Shortcake. Both are ludicrously hydrating whilst providing a nice part satin part gloss hit of colour on the lips. I find these the easiest lip products to wear ever, purely because you can go light or go super bright. Wear time lasts a couple of hours too and wear off evenly so you're not left with dodgy lines around your mouth.

I had to stick a nude shade in here, right? My go-to for any season when I just can't decide (it's also great for mixing with other lipsticks, FYI,) is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude. It's got the right amount of pink/peach to make it look pretty even on my fair skin (too much brown and it looks like I'm trying to be in the 90's again...) and the wear time is fairly decent, lasting a few hours before needing a top up.

Last but not least - a subtle hint of peachy tones in the form of Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm. I can only seem to find this via eBay, here. This works kind of the same way as Notting Hill Nude - when I can't figure out what to slap on but want a little somethin' somethin' - it's light peachy/nude tones work great with a multitude of makeup looks so it's a no brainer lipstick.

What are your favourite Spring lip colours?

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I've been a huge fan of Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake since they came out, I even got a few friends hooked! Just did a post on my favorites for Spring too, something must be in the air!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!