Wednesday 6 August 2014

An Unexpected Lush Haul


I say unexpected because I very rarely shop at Lush. As our house doesn't have a bath (walk in showers, etc) it's kind of teasing to walk into those stores and see all the amazing bath bomb/ballistics/melts and all other bath related goodness. Sure, I can easily wonder in and pick up a shower smoothie... 
But that temptation to buy bath goodies? Always there.

That being said, we'll be staying somewhere shortly for a few days that has a bath. So along with packing a few candles, face masks (can you tell I'm excited?) I also stopped off at Lush store, and crazily didn't go too wild.

Not bath related, but something I've wanted to try for a while - the Popcorn Lip Scrub. My word, this smells amazing and works a treat at sloughing away to reveal softer lips.

I picked up two bath melts; Dreamtime and Floating Island. Dreamtime is essentially to aid in helping you nod off, with soothing lavender and chamomile scents - it apparently melts and leaves a milky oily sheen to the bath, leaving you thoroughly softened as well as rested. As someone who has struggled with insomnia and general sleeping problems - I can tell I'm going to enjoy this one.

Floating Island (which I think resembles a pork pie...) smells heavenly, slightly citrusy with sandalwood. Like I said, heaven. This one froths as it melts and leaves a velvety film in the water - with cocoa butter and almond oil, another moisturising melt but one that I'm anxious to try!

Butterball. What a swish name. I couldn't go into Lush and leave without a bath bomb? This is supposed to sooth dry, irritated skin - and again, it smells divine. 

I'll be sure to do a proper review once I've used them all up, to see if they live up to the hype, by the smell of them - I think they will...

Have you picked up anything from Lush recently? Any recommendations?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!