Thursday 7 August 2014

Powders I Love


I am usually the absolute worst with powders. For a long time in my youth I enjoyed the Rimmel 'Clear Complexion' powder for setting foundation and the like - then suddenly things started to cake up or in worst case scenario - dreaded product 'rubbings.' I tried different methods of applying and different powders that my teenage pocket could afford. In the end I gave up, thinking that my dry skin and powder just couldn't get along anymore...


No more, however. These powders (aptly, three out of four of these are bronzing types, so perfect for summer...) are the real deal. All affordable, all buttery soft but with awesome staying power and no caking in sight.

For setting my t-zone and under-eye area, I use the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot. Perfect for touch-ups on the go when things start to slip and slide, especially in this heat - it's a great one to throw in your handbag, especially as it has a mirror too.

A bit of a three in one - theBalm Bahama Mama is not only a matte bronzer, but a great contour and eyeshadow too - so great if you're trying to pack light if you're off to sunnier climes this summer. It looks scary dark in the pan but it's easy as pie to blend - I have pale skin and use the lightest touch and it never looks over done, orange or muddy. Just a great all round complexion booster.

For a more subtle bronze - one that is going to be handy in winter for me is The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder. I gave into the hype a few weeks ago and it's been love ever since, especially as the shade range caters to us of a more paler complexion. Another matte bronzer like Bahama Mama - it's pretty foolproof to use and easily buildable to the right kind of bronze you want.

Last but not least, quite possibly my favourite powder that started me dipping my toes back into bronzing products - the Revlon Highlighting Palette. Available in two shades (in the UK, at least, I still want Peach Glow!) Rose Glow and Bronze Glow (I have the latter,) this provides the most beautiful glow when applied to the tops of cheekbones whilst providing a really pretty sunkissed look too. I couldn't be without it, I adore it.

What are your favourite powder products?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!