Friday 3 October 2014

Beauty Bag | October


Well, Hello October. You've come about quickly...
I know I usually do these 'beauty bag'/shopping the stash style posts on the first of every month but I'm behind. Way behind on everything. But without further ado, the products I shall be rocking throughout October...

I picked up the Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Lipstick in 'Mouthwatering Berry' from duty free on the way back from Spain. Instead of sticking to my usual corals/pinks I was smart and picked up this super pretty (and very autumnal,) berry shade. This is a great moisturising balm/lipstick so a great one to have for when the temperature drops to keep lips hydrated. The colour pay off is insane too, bright within two 'swipes' but I equally like a barely there application with this too.

Another lip product, this one a little longer lasting the NARS velvet satin lip pencil in Mandore. A really lovely cranberry number that was missing from my collection - again, amped up or a subtle smudge, this is a fantastic colour for autumn/winter and lasts around five hours on the lips too.

From last years Essie winter collection 'Shearling Darling,' - full swatches and review here, are the two best picks (in my humble opinion,) Shearling Darling (dark burgundy red,) and Mind Your Mittens (Dark teal/navy blue.) I know. Dark colours for autumn/winter are so obvious, but when you haven't had anything on your nails for weeks a nice hit of chic, dark polish is just what the doctor ordered to embrace the colder weather...

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!