Monday 12 January 2015

Perfect Nude


There is a type of struggle in regards to lipstick. Whilst I am flippant and a downright floozy with pinks, corals, oranges and even reds - nudes have always been a problem. Until now.
And I've tried many nudes. Often most are too brown, or too pale or quite frankly come up bubble gum pink. I've had one that's been working okay (Notting Hill Nude, by Rimmel,) but it's still a little too beige. Not the 'my lips but better' shade I've been coveting for years. 

On a whim, I bought the ever pinned M.A.C satin lipstick in Twig. It's described as a muted brownish pink and yes, it is. But there's something else, a little mauve in it too to make it the exact match to the tone of my lips.

I like to apply this straight from the bullet, blot, apply a second time and then do the tissue paper/translucent powder method to make it a little more matte, most of the time but it looks equally beautiful as is - a slight satin sheen to the lips.

The application is a doddle, it doesn't drag on the lips at all and feels comfortable to wear. I have to re apply every 3-4 hours especially after eating but it is completely worth it to have a perfect nude that is spot on. Of course, it doesn't hurt its very Kylie Jenner-esque either.

Have you found your perfect nude shade?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!