Thursday 7 March 2013

Review | Revlon Nearly Naked

Revlon Nearly Naked in Shell, available at Boots and Superdrug.

Another product making its rounds on the blogosphere at the moment is this light/medium coverage foundation - Nearly Naked by Revlon. It's been compared to that of Nars Sheer Glow and a few tinted moisturizers on the market, like Laura Mercier. 

Let's take a moment to congratulate Revlon for knocking out some corking products recently, yes? Okay! On with the review...

For me, Shell was the perfect shade - enough yellow pigments to tone down my redness - definitely a 'your skin, but better' product - it sinks in beautifully and doesn't leave me wanting to claw off my own face - which means it's already won with me.

I use the Real Techniques Expert Brush with this - and I have tried it with the buffing brush too - both give good coverage with this foundation but what I will say is that I still love using a sponge with my foundations - even if it's just after I've buffed it in with a brush. I think that's due to my pores rather than the brush/foundation I am using - I sometimes find any brush I use will sometimes miss product - so I just go over that missed area with a slightly damp beauty sponge.

The only gripe with this product is of course the lack of pump - I think that it's something that Revlon should of included - so people don't waste product. There is the feeling of it being a maybe a bit try-hard because of this - Nars doesn't come with a pump either... 

I find the best thing to do in this instance is to pour the tiniest amount out, work it all over my face and then see if I need any more in the 'red zone' - usually cheeks. Rather than going gung-ho and pouring way too much. If you can get over it, like I already have, about there being a lack of pump - I think most should get along swimmingly with this product.

Personally this is going to be a staple for spring - it's light enough for when the weather (eventually) warms up but still enough coverage to not make me paranoid about the perma-redness I face. 

Currently on offer in Boots and Superdrug. Superdrug have knocked £2 off making it only £6.99 and Boots have it for £8.99 but you can get the second Revlon product half price (maybe treat yourself to another lip stain or maybe even the powder product to go with this?)

Have you tried Nearly Naked? Thoughts please! :)

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!