Wednesday 15 May 2013

Nails | Spring/Summer Edit

1\\2\\3\\4

I have been a bad blogger and a terrible girl. I have succumbed to stress and have taken it out on my nails. I know, it's wrong, it's a bad habit, one that I thought I had broken - but alas, as I type this my nails are at a sorry length although they have been neatened up and I am vowing to leave them be for a while - but when I achieve 'polish acceptable' lengths again, here's my pick of varnish's I'll be using and have been using, in rotation for S/S 13.

Revlon Nail Enamel - One Perfect Coral. My picture does this polish no true homage, but in any case I'd say it was more of a pinky coral than coral-coral. Despite it's name being slightly misleading, I adore it - it is opaque pretty much in one coat so you could easily get away with just the one. This could be the perfect holiday shade - paired with the right base and top coat. A cheery, glossy pinky-coral, with minimal chips? Score. 

Essie - Meet Me at Sunset. An orange/red - this falls into serious summer category for me, a pretty good dupe for Chanel Holiday too, if you're hankering for a cheaper alternative. I got this mini bottle along with Smooth Sailin' off ebay - link here. As with all Essie polishes, the colour pay off is gorgeous after two coats, I find, and chips with this seemed to occur within four days or so - depending on what kind of work I was doing at the time. 

Nails Inc - Totes Pink. I got this with InStyle Magazine, and can't seem to find it anywhere! Annoying! In any case, this is a perfect shade of baby pink that I can't wait to put on during a pedicure. I tend to keep to neutrals or 'safe' colours on my toes - neutrals, french pinks and ivorys, true reds or a black shade for drama. This is pretty and reminds me of sandals, grass and warm breezes. Just a perfect 'oh my feet are out, but yes, aren't they pretty?' shade.

Barry M Hi Shine Gel Effect - Prickly Pear. This lilac colour had me at hello. It really did. The finish is perfectly glossy and gel like, as promised - applied with a careful hand - two coats and you're done. I tend to use this when I'm not working on delivery days because although chips aren't a problem, smudging completely is. I don't know why but it's almost like they haven't dried at all when I have to actually get my hands dirty. Regardless of that fact, I still love it, and it's more my own fault than the polish's. 

So that's it - my perfect colour mix for summer - although it is absolutely hammering it down outside right now. God help me, my town always gets the short straw...

So, what's in your edit?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!