Friday 5 July 2013

Beauty Bag | July


July is notorious for rain where I live. It seems ironic as soon as kids break up from school the weather turns and then when they go back to school in September, it's sunny as can be.

Regardless of England's somewhat mystifying (read, annoying,) weather, I've sorted out my make up bag to suit this months usual weather (humid, rain, occasional sun,) with some new and old favourites.

First up for face; the Dr Jart+ Water Fuse BB cream. Covers without suffocating the skin, but produces a nice finish - it doesn't cover any wrong-doers (or spots/blemishes,) but it does sort out redness and leaves a fresh face in it's place - huzzah!

Next is the Bourjois Bronzing Primer - I won't go on about it but I adore it! I apply lightly and build up if I want where the sun catches my face - not for contour, it's way to orange toned for that, just a heads up! I finish that with some Barbara Daly cream blush in Peaches and Cream on my cheeks and that is my base done with minimal effort. 

For eyes it can either go one or two ways - if I really am lazy then I'll just slick some Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bronze over my eyelid and blend away. If I feel a tad more energetic than I'm currently loving the combination of using Maybellines Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, lightly applied and then going over that with a smidge of Pink Gold. So so so pretty! Of course if you want to take that to evening then I'll just use the kohl under my lower lashes and be done. 

Mascara is the same as always - L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash - I love the telescopic range and hope they never discontinue them!

For lips is just a slick of Mac's Dress Maker - a pretty peachy pink that pretty much compliments every 'natural' make up look I do or can be pretty versatile and be used with a smokey eye. Perfect.

What are your picks for July?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!