Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites


I shan't bother saying 'Oh my goodness, it's nearly August! How quick does it (time) go by?' - because quite frankly I'm quite miffed that time is going by so quickly, but that's just me being bitter. I've had quite a nice month in terms of product usage however - so here are a few of my favourites from July.

Having read Kate's blog and see her rave about this hair mask on various occasions I decided to pick it up, not really having one aimed at say, moisturising dry hair (my other two are aimed at coloured hair, and one for lengthening,) so I really love using this Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair mask once a week on my tired locks and it really does bring them back to life. Better yet, I only paid just over £1 when it was half price in Boots - score. 

Secondly is the Dove Leave-in-Conditioner, another little beauty for taming my mane during this hot spell, plus it smells like sherbet, although that could just be me. It's another product aimed at repairing damage, preventing split ends and breakage. It's really helping to keep my ends sorted out.

The Avene Gentle Toner really does what it says on the tin (or tube, bottle...) being that it keeps me hydrated thanks to it being rich in their Thermale Water and really is gentle on my sensitive skin. I've been using this in the morning for a boost and also in the evening after an exfoliating toner. 

A new one for me and not mentioned properly yet on the blog I don't think is the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (mouthful!) in Soft Murano. I find that with my other cream blushers they are very much cream to powder or at least feel like that on my skin. This one is perfect for keeping my face looking dewy and radiant with a hint of colour to keep me looking alive even when I don't feel like it.

Previously mentioned in my skincare edit, the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm has become a firm favourite to use in the evening for a good ol' cleanse and get the grime of the day off. What's great about this balm for me is that the scent isn't overwhelming like some Botanics products - so it really doesn't aggravate. I'd say this would be the perfect balm to get started with if you're new to using cleansing balms as it won't hurt the bank account.

For nails I can't get enough of the Maybelline Colour Show in Cool Blue. The Barry M gel nail polish has been getting a lot of hype and for around the same price, I actually think this formula is better - it's also a gel formula polish with a ton of colours to choose from. I didn't see any chipping for five days, give or take. Obviously if you work with your hands a lot this might be slightly less, but - I still think it's a great one to consider. 

Lastly is the old favourite, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic - it is the perfect shade of red whilst being moisturising and giving good staying power, plus when it does decide to come off, it comes off evenly meaning that I can just top up with a normal balm if need be and there is still a lovely 'stain' in place. It is worth mentioning that with this, and a lot of the little swatches on the Boots website - they are awful. On the website this looks brown... and obviously it really isn't - it's a classic deep red but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

So that's it for my favourites this months, so tell me - what are yours? Feel free to link to your favourites post on your blog. :)

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!