Thursday 1 August 2013

Beauty Bag | August


I quite enjoyed putting together July's beauty bag and it was a great way of using up products that I'd either forgotten about, neglected or maybe even just new products that I wanted to make sure got a good run in my routine. I'm thinking of it like a monthly 'shopping the stash' post. Obviously I'll change out products here and there if I need to (like if it's warmer I'll probably go back to a tinted moisturiser,) but apart from that - these are the products I want to use and show a bit of love...

First up for the base, I'm switching to a still light, but slightly more coverage foundation and I've gone for the No7 Essentially Natural foundation (in Cool Vanilla if you're wondering,) it applies beautifully with fingers, brush or sponge and it's still light enough to get away with in this humid but now raining weather. 

For eyes I'm hoping to make a dent in my Heaven and Earth MUA palette - I haven't really shown this palette enough love as of late, going for more creamy products for a wash of colour. I really like this product and have a decent eye primer to reduce creasing risk - so there really is no excuse now that the heat has apparently left Devon.

Another few products for eyes - the No7 Metallic Eyes eyeliner in Black is a really beautiful shimmery black eyeliner that looks amazing on a smokey eye. It's just one of those products that fell into my make-up bag without much thought but I've brought it out again. For mascara I really need to use up my No7 Fanomenal Lashes - a good product that gives a natural look without much effort. Sold.

Also I really like using the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige - but it's been left alone for a while. This is beautiful used in the inner corners and even used lightly to highlight on the brow bone. I've even used it as a base and loved it. 

To finish up the eyes, I've included my brow pencil - the (once again,) No7 Beautiful Brows Pencil - I've neglected using anything on my brows these last few weeks because I didn't really need too - plus it was so hot I was scared that it would become eyeliner instead. 

For cheeks I'll be using the Max Factor Creamy Blush in Soft Murano - I really can't get enough of this and it won't be that hard to use it all month long. I mentioned it in yesterdays post, my July Favourites

Lastly for lips - the No7 Stay Perfect lipstick in Classic Rose - it's such a pretty, classic colour that really suits my skin tone and is a pretty good transitional colour to take me from the last dregs of summer to autumn. 

What are your beauty picks for August?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!