Thursday 22 August 2013

Collection Shadow Pencil


Eye shadow pencils or crayons aren't a new thing. Clinique, Jouer and Rimmel (to name a few) have their own variations and formulas but today I wanted to take a cheeky gander at the Collection's offerings - simply named Shadow Pencil...

Denim Diva & Hot Chocolate swatched.

I picked up the shades Hot Chocolate and Denim Diva (currently on offer in Boots.) I decided against the lighter shades because I already own Rimmels Bulletproof Beige - which works beautifully by the by. I'd usually steer clear from the bright colour options  that brands tend to release along with their neutrals but I personally think Collection have chosen a very beautiful navy as opposed to a bright turquoise or aqua, which might put people off and in all fairness probably not get used very much and up getting dusty in peoples collections.

Denim Diva & Hot Chocolate blended.

The bronze shade (Hot Chocolate) is astoundingly beautiful, not too dissimilar from Maybellines Colour Tattoo Bad to the Bronze/On and On Bronze - suitable for all skin tones and eye colours and will look beautiful on all. The navy shade (Denim Diva) is equally as gorgeous but as you can see from the blended swatch, together they look simply divine - I think a smokey eye with these two would be beautiful.

The pigmentation is great, staying power even greater than that - these are also waterproof and are pretty easy to blend (as with all products that set in place, I'd recommend working quickly in light layers,) and once they are set - that's it and all is in place.

I'm pretty pleased I went with something different in terms of the navy shade - I know it's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but in combination with a bronze - it's even more divine than on its own. In love? Why I think I am...

Have you got the Collection Shadow Pencils? What are your thoughts?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!