Wednesday 14 August 2013

Empties #3


It's been a while that I've done an empties post - it's just usually the hatred of having any empties lying around for a certain amount of time when they should be in recycling... 

These past few months (and I mean only a few, otherwise this post wouldn't of happened at all due to impatience and no where to store empty bottles and tubes,) however I actually used a fair bit up and keep the empties for this little show and tell.

First is the Dove Colour Radiance shampoo and conditioner - I really loved this combination and so far it's been adding a healthy amount of radiance to my coloured hair. I always have a problem making colour stay in (I dye mine a copper/red/orange combination,) and it's nice when a shampoo and conditioner actually do their job for coloured hair. I did notice although these products aren't sulfate free, they are lower in sulfates than a standard shampoo/conditioner - which is always good to know.

The Toni & Guy Sea Salt Spray has been a long term favourite - I've tried a few on the market (not the bumble and bumble, that's next on the list,) but this one just adds that perfect beachy texture and volume. I prefer to add this on damp hair before I go to sleep so I wake up with insane hair. The beach bed head. ;)

A while ago people raved about the Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser - and it was something that appealed and luckily for me there was a sample in a magazine so I gave it a go and fell in love, then promptly bought a tube of it. I'm now on the second bottle of it. What I will say is that I personally still need a light lotion after this, but I'm sure for people who don't have dry skin this could be a time saver during the week when you're in a rush.


I loved Bioderma for getting rid of my make up but for some reason if I used more than two days running it was breaking me out (so disappointed,) so I was on the hunt for a make up remover/cleanser that would be suitable for dry and sensitive skin. Enter the Nuxe Reve de Miel cleansing gel. It's super gentle, smells amazing and gets rid of make up very well (even pesky eyeliner and mascara,) obviously when paired with a flannel or muslin cloth. I have nothing bad to say about this product and will be repurchasing when my Avene Cold Cream gel cleanser runs out.

The Palmers Cocoa Body Scrub is perfect for winter, I'd say as it is quite rich so definitely feels nourishing whilst obviously exfoliating as well. I've gone through about four tubs of this stuff and love it. I've just picked up a different scrub that doesn't feel half as nourishing as this, but I will use it up and then probably repurchase this one. Definitely a must for dry skin in particular.

Last but not least is one of my favourite toners, ever. The Vichy Purete Thermale Hydra-Perfecting toner is my favourite hydrating toners around (I use the pink version as I have dry/sensitive skin but the blue version is just as good which is meant for normal/combination skin - I've used that too,) as its free from parabens, alcohol and is hypoallergenic. It leaves skin feeling soft and supple so you're ready for serum afterwards. It just helps my skin feel much more plumper too. I'm currently using the Avene Gentle Toner which is just as good, so I'm in a pickle as to which one to repurchase! 

So that's it for a while, and I'm pretty pleased that all of these products have been rather nice - it's not to say I don't end up with rubbish products of course, but at the moment I've been doing pretty good with my purchases. Score.

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!