Thursday 12 September 2013

Ever After - MUA Matte Palette


I have been waiting for this palette for what seems like forever. When I first heard MUA were doing a completely matte palette I was over the moon, almost feverish with excitement and ready to crack on and play. This little beauty of a palette is called (according to the back of mine, it doesn't say it on the site though,) the 'Ever After' Matte Palette. 


Presented in it's standard black plastic palette you have 10 neutral shades to play with, starting from top left to right; Unwrap, Butter, Bare, Taffeta, Fade, Penny, Chino, Truffle, Fog, and Smoke. All have a lovely buttery feeling and are almost satin like on the skin, extremely blend-able and pigmented. I always find MUA palettes to be long lasting but I've always used a decent primer anyway, to stop any potential creasing in case. 

I must admit I was a bit thrown on by the blue, but it doesn't really come off as blue, definitely more of a (so pretty) smokey-grey with blue undertone (described as a dove grey on the site,) so I was pleased I'd actually be able to use it with all the other colours.

For £4 you really cannot beat this palette and I seriously cannot wait to have more play time with this beauty!

You can buy this palette on the MUA website here.

Have you tried this new palette yet?

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful colour selection! The second and third on the bottom row would make a stunning autumnal smokey look I think!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty versatile palette! I'm so far pretty fond of the fifth top one and the two on the bottom you mentioned. :)

      Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete

thanks for commenting!