Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Roster | Night Moisturisers


Night time is the time to treat the skin, whilst day time is for protecting - so when it comes to evening skincare I've got a few products that I rely on for my skins varying needs...

First up is the ultra moisturising Organic Surge Overnight Sensation - whilst this is my favourite for hydrating the skin - the smell is really potent (Josh says it smells like turkish delight...) so I only use this maybe three times a week as a compromise to my loved ones that hate the smell (only Josh...) - I can put up with it however, and it doesn't irritate the skin at all. Despite the smell, it really ups the ante with its hydration. Definitely a pick for dry/dehydrated/sensitive skins in winter time. 

However, if I need a real added boost of hydration - I use the Origins Drink Up Intensive - usually over the top of whatever moisturiser I'm using that evening. It's a mask, yes, but you apply it like a moisturiser (I do, in any case,) and it gets to work during the night leaving you with plump, hydrated skin come morning.

My use-every-night moisturisers are the Balance Me Moisture Rich Face Cream and the La Roche Posay Hydreane Rich, both can be used day or night but I prefer night time use as they are quite rich. I do tend to use them during the day however when dry patches are occupying my face, and they do a fantastic job of keeping the area hydrated and ready for makeup bases. It is worth noting that the La Roche Posay has a light version, if you have oily/combination skin but still need hydration.

When I need a bit of exfoliating, I tend to stick to chemical exfoliators, normally in toner form but this Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream is also a gem (review here) - it makes skin look so bright the next morning. A bargain too. 

For when skin is troubled with spots - I use the Vichy Normaderm Nuit - it's mattifying, smells like play-dough, and feels quite powdery but I don't generally use this all over the face - just the t-zone where I am most affected (when I am) by blemishes. Then I usually pop some of the Balance Me or La Roche Posay moisturiser on my cheeks (dry areas) and that's it. Skin sorted for the night.

So that's my night time routine - do you have any particular recommendations?

Peace! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!