Tuesday 1 October 2013

Beauty Bag | October


I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again; Devon can be a hellish humid place in autumn on occasion. It's not altogether very warm but it's a claustrophobic, stuffy sort of feeling and usually comes waltzing in with fine rain too. I'm grateful for the cooler weather but sometimes the humidity is worse than the potential threat of sunburn...

In any case, foundation still needs to be on the lighter side whilst still providing a nice amount of coverage. For this I am (continually) turning towards the No7 Essentially Natural foundation. I really can't harp on about this enough, I love it.

For cheeks I'll be keeping it simple - a small dot of Soap and Glory's Cheekmate rubbed into the apples give a healthy glow without fuss. This also doubles up and a lip stain but if that just won't cut it then I'll be pulling out the Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in 'The Redder The Better' to amp up the colour.

Concealing will be satisfied with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, a mildly recent acquisition but an excellent one at that; it doesn't dry or cake on me at all which is probably my biggest annoyance when it comes to concealer. A 'velvet' skin is apparently what's hot for autumn - so in attempts to not look cakey and gross I'll be using the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder.

Last but not least brows will be getting some attention with the Maybelline Brow Drama - a perfect cool toned dark brown that matches my (natural) hair colour, provides a tint and keeps any rogue hairs in place too.

So what will be in your beauty bag this October?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!