Tuesday 8 October 2013

Happy Light



Lots of bloggers have said it already but Bourjois have really been outstanding with their products lately, haven't they? It all started for me with their Healthy Mix foundation(s) and concealer, swiftly onto cream blushes, not to mention I have a soft spot for their nail polish. I've been playing around with the Bourjois Happy Light foundation and the Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer for a week now and thought I'd add some thoughts on this range...



I think with the foundation the colour looks almost off putting in the glass jar, almost like my experience with the Dr Jart Waterfuse BB Cream and the Bourjois Bronzing Primer and I adore them both despite the initial scare. What I will say then is don't be put off until you've blended this in, because once blended it's a perfect match for me - even though it looks darker than my Healthy Mix(s) and 10 Hour Sleep Effect, all of which I use the palest shade.

Coverage is more on the medium side, which is what I usually prefer so in this case it's more like the original Healthy Mix foundation. It also 'sinks' in suitably and doesn't feel like a mask - one of the biggest pet peeves when it comes to foundation... 

I've applied this with a sponge, brush and fingers and all 'tools' work pretty well. Obviously if you want a lighter coverage with this; use a sponge. If mediums more your thing; brush or fingers are your friends. 

I've worn this with powder - and didn't have to touch up even after seven hours of adventuring (shopping) and also without powder, which also lasted well without giving a 'sheen' and instead held the 'luminous' promise. All in all, a great foundation and one I've been reaching for more often than not.

The primer is beautiful too, for preference I chose the 'Luminous' primer but there is a matte option available too. Being a pink-toned lass (I only buy yellow-toned foundations to counteract the redness,) I was put off by the pink colour, but it doesn't impart any of that onto the skin and instead just perfectly primes skin ready for foundation whilst giving a subtle glow. 

Dare I say another amazing range from Bourjois? Have you tried the Happy Light range?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!