Wednesday 20 November 2013

MAC Russian Red



I mean it was just time. Months spent going to the MAC site, searching for it, looking at swatches online and in store, in various lighting situations. 
The other day I went to the city with my sisters family so I could pick up a few bits for Christmas (wrapping and ribbon,) and then suddenly we were walking past House of Fraser. That huge black and white MAC sign glaring down at me. It was just time, it had to be now! 


MAC describe Russian Red as an intense blueish-red and obviously comes in a matte finish (although it is in the Tinted Lipglass range too if you're more of a gloss gal,) and is possibly the most gorgeous red I own. 

Since I bought it, I haven't stopped wearing it and it has quickly become my 'go-to' when I need to pop out, because nothing says "I'm a complete scruffy right now, but wait - red lipstick heals all!" more than Russian Red, seriously. Go swatch it now.


Being part of the matte range, wear time is pretty good and it doesn't feel drying at all, if anything it applies quite creamily to the lips which is obviously a complete dream and makes it relatively easy to apply. If you're not a dab hand with mattes in their bullet, I'd say definitely apply this with a lip brush, just so you can get an ultra neat line - but I'd say this with all matte bright colours.

I think this is one of those shades everyone has to at least try because I think it will suit every skin tone. I've read it can lean a little warmer on some and cooler on others - but what you will have is a very classic lip, that won't date and looks pretty much amazing with whatever makeup look your going for. Can you tell I'm in love?

Side note; The Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (glass pot, not the stick,) is it's perfect companion for hydrating your lips before you apply if you do have particularly dry lips, as it's definitely a matte finish balm. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour also works particularly nicely with this, I use a cotton bud with some of this on to really make sure my lips are moisturised. 

What's next on my list? Creme Cup or Ruby Woo... decisions!

Have you tried MAC Russian Red?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!