Friday 8 November 2013

The Pre-Cleanse Edit


If there is one thing I love more than putting make up on, it's taking it all off at the end of the day. Over the years I've used a myriad of products for a pre-cleanse; from wet wipes (eek!) from my 'youth', to cleansing milks (I still like this REN offering on dryer skin days,) to today's top three choices with three different formulations...
First up is everyone's favourite; Bioderma (Sensibio H20.) I tend to favour this on late nights when I just want to get everything off quickly and move on to a proper cleanse before bed. This is particularly great at removing stubborn eye makeup and equally as awesome at removing makeup bases too. I also use this on my hands/arms when I've been swatching! I don't particularly like using micellar waters too often, but when time is of the essence; this is what I use. 

A fairly new offering next, The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. This is possibly the most luxurious feeling oil cleanser I've ever sampled and it smells divine too. It makes short work of waterproof makeup and cream bases such as the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and harder wearing lipsticks. Simply massaged over the skin and then gone over with a flannel to ensure every scrap is gone, it leaves skin feeling clean, soft and properly looked after. I use this about three to four times a week depending on what kind of makeup I'm wearing and if I fancy a little treat. 

My favourite of the bunch, the Nuxe Reve de Miel Cleansing and Makeup Removing Gel is definitely not new to me, in fact I've gone through three bottles of it so far; I love it that much. It smells gorgeous (much like the lip balm,) works beautifully at ridding makeup efficiently whilst also remaining gentle and hydrating at the same time. I tend to use a little of this on wet hands then just work it all over the face, once again followed by a flannel. If I'm wearing heavier make up I might need to go over with it again but generally speaking one pump of the product will do. 

What are your favourite pre-cleansers? 

Peace!

Don't forget you can follow The Bird Song on GFC and Bloglovin'!

4 comments:

  1. I do have an undying love for Bioderma, but the Body Shop Oil sounds fabulous. I didn't even know they did one like this! x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has that 'silky' feeling and just feels oh so damn good. Especially if you can get it when Body Shop have one of their epic sales/discount codes. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm off to Paris in December and the one thing I am going to stock up on while I'm there is Bioderma! I have warned my bf I may be over the luggage weight on the way home lol :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a whiff of the Nuxe cleansing gel too - it smells amazing! :)

      Delete

thanks for commenting!