Thursday 7 November 2013

Lips | Autumn/Winter


Carrying on with the Autumn/Winter theme from yesterday, I thought I'd share my top five picks for Autumn/Winter lips...


First up is the Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick in 'Smitten Red.' This is a great full coverage pink toned red, but it leans more on the pink side. This is literally the strongest pigmentation in a moisturising lipstick I've ever used and the staying powers not bad either. They are currently on sale at the moment, too.

The Revlon Just Bitten Balms are amazing (and I'm pretty embarrassed to say I have every shade that's available in the UK, obsessed much?) Anyway - these are perfect because you don't really need to think much about application, they aren't messy. Super moisturising, you can add just a light layer or build up for some intense vampy action. This shade, Crush, is my ultimate favourite 'vampy' lipstick and it'd probably suit everyone. Just sayin'. 

Another moisturising lipstick (well it is cold, no chapped lips here please!) the No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Glam is my go-to red. Like nails, I have to have the perfect red for year round use and this fits the bill. Moisturising and a rather good staying power - plus it's full coverage too. It doesn't look too glossy on the lips either. 

Revlon are just awesome, right? Anyway - Berry Smoothie has to be my favourite from the ColorBurst range, possibly. It's just a pretty berry tone, that once again if you want a bit more colour, layer it on up. My lips are naturally pinky/mauve anyway, so applied lightly this is definitely a 'your lips, but better' shade for me. Once again, these are a doddle to apply (and a great way to introduce brights if you're scared of them,) and don't really need much fussing over. 

Last but not least is the Soap and Glory Cheekmate Cheek and Lip stain. I do find with stains that are multipurpose they tend to work better for one thing or another; I tend to find this one to apply just slightly better to cheeks. However, applied on lips this creates a perfect stain that stays PUT. Like, will not budge. 

It's also really similar to the colour your lips would go if you (or someone else,) bit them - so obviously a really gorgeous natural 'flush' to the lips. I find I need just a tad of lip balm with this, Nuxe Reve de Miel is great, but I'd be applying it anyway because of the impending cold front. 

So, that is my choice of lip colours in their various berry, red and pinky tones and formulas. What are your favourites?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!