Thursday 6 March 2014

No7 Beautiful Skin | Melting Gel Cleanser


Let me get something off my chest here before I begin; because it's a little gripe, a little pet peeve. I've mentioned before that the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm - is not a balm, it's a cream. It's lovely to use and I adore it - but it's a cream. So now I've been trying the Melting Gel Cleanser - I have to say this has more of a consistency of a balm, than gel. It has that same thick gel/balm that melts into an oil like another favourite cleanser of mine; the Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser with Orange Oil.
So gripes and pet peeves aside; I really like this cleanser. Applied onto the skin it starts to melt and has a great slip to it to get rid of make up and other impurities and it's also great for a bit of a facial massage too. If you splash water on it, it emulsifies into a milky wash but I much prefer to use a flannel (or a muslin cloth, if you're that way inclined,) rather than rinsing this off as it is quite thick. 

I would say because of the consistency, even though it does melt down quite quickly, I would suggest using this after a good pre-cleanse (micellar waters, cleansing oils - you get the gist,) and then follow up with this. What's left is seriously soft skin and clean skin without feeling stripped at all. 

The ingredients aren't too bad either; nothing that brings up any alarm bells by any means. It's also a great price too (especially when you counter in any offers available or those vouchers that are always around,) at only £9.50 for 150ml.

Have you tried the No7 Melting Gel Cleanser?

Peace!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!