Tuesday 10 June 2014

Summer Top 5 | Nails


Say what you will but as soon as it hits June it is summer for me. Like it or lump the weather we are dealt with in the UK, you have to make the most of it. So regardless if it's thunderstorms or sweltering heat waves... I'll be rocking summer-ready nails. 

First in the lineup (starting left on the nail wheel,) a new one for me - the Maybelline Color Show Bleached Neons in 'Coral Heat.' This is the perfect neon for us gals that can't/don't really tan, but still want a slice of the neon action without it looking too garish. I adore the Color Show polishes too - a gel effect with an amazing lasting power.

Ciate's Ferris Wheel is super pretty pastel/minty blue that I have been lacking in my collection and the Ciate polishes are always superb quality too.

Essie's Style Hunter is a polish I have been obsessed with since first swatch when I picked up the Spring 2014 collection. It's a bright fuchsia/crimson that just looks stunning on the nail (it's very similar to Essie's Watermelon, too) and the lasting time is good too.

My good friend gave me this Models Own polish in 'Bronze Rage' last year and I've been pretty much obsessed with it ever since. It just works - whether it's summer or winter, strangely enough and my favourite way to wear it is partnered with my favourite gold top coat polish from Revlon in 'Gold Goddess.' Which by the way, I'm throwing in as a cheeky extra. It's usable in summer as it is in winter - much like Bronze Rage...


One of my favourite nail polish formulas ever is the Rimmel Salon Pro range (both Kate and standard shades...) and one I adore for the summer is Hip Hop - a hot coral/red shade that I have nowhere else in my collection. The brush is wide, so perfect for quick application, fast drying and a gorgeous shiny finish. Plus I've had the best wear time from this formulation - ten days without chips. Winner.

What are your favourite summer shades?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!