Wednesday 10 September 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder


I finally caved in. Fell for the hype. So, the Ambient Lighting Powders, they worth it?


They really are, at least the shade I went for Diffused Light is. 

In short, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders are supposed to provide a soft focus finish whilst providing luminescence - a lit from within kind of glow whilst also colour correcting - Diffused Light being a yellow toned powder - aims to correct redness.

I really wasn't disappointed.

Using my Real Techniques Duo Fibre face brush, brings the best results. I found my denser powder brushes didn't do it justice, personally although they might work for you. At first also, I was using my usual 'dab' motions (as opposed to buffing or swirling,) as to not move the base underneath. What I found best was how Ruth from A Model Recommends in this video. Just light sweeping motions work wonders. 

Results? Redness corrected, a beautiful overall 'glow' and no cakeyness in sight (always a plus with powders, obviously) with a soft focus finish. 

An expensive treat at £38, but one I'm head over heels for. Of course Now I'm eyeing the palette...

Have you tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!