Friday 12 September 2014

What's On My Face #3


Okay. I'll be the first to admit. I am a sucker for getting stuck in a rut. However, this is like the fail-safe. The I-Honestly-Won't-Be-Longer-Than-Five Face. Gotta go to appointments and look half-way respectable face. You get it. We've all got one.
First of all, for me, light is key. So I start with a quick priming duo that I adore, which thanks to the No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach, makes it an amazing glowy base. For a little bit of coverage to rid myself of redness, in comes the Dr.Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream. A nice, light, hydrating and slightly dewy base? Done.

For any blemishes or really bad dark circles, I turn to one of the best concealers I've ever tried - the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. Creamy, great coverage, stays put and isn't drying or cakey? Heavenly. Good skin in a tiny tube.

Eyes are kept simple - brows are run through with the gel side of the Revlon Brow Fantasy. Lashes are curled and whatever mascara I'm using at the moment is applied. Usually the L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara. 

For a quick set and glow - the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused light helps everything stay put, whilst giving a really natural soft focus glow to the skin and also corrects any remaining redness I may have on my cheeks.

To add a little bit of colour (I usually forgo any blusher/bronzer for the everyday,) I enlist the help of the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square. A brightening, red/orange that stays put and just instantly adds that 'I've put a lot more effort into getting ready, honestly,' look that comes with a bright, matte red lip.

What are the products you use for your go-to look?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!