Thursday 4 September 2014

What's in My... | Travel Makeup Bag


Last time I ventured off to Spain, I posted my skincare bag and my in flight essentials but not my make up bag. I left it pretty last minute to nail down what I was taking in that respect; I had completely forgotten what was acceptable for a one week holiday. Naturally, I took way too much. I'm taking the same amount this time - justifying it because I'm away for twice as long. Clutching at straws, right?...



I mentioned in this post, to palette wisely. So, my much loved NARSissist palette is staying home, but the equally versatile MUA Smokin' Palette is coming with. Likewise, two of my cream shadows (Barbara Daly Longwear Eyeshadow in Shell and Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet,) are also being packed - to be used as a base, on their own or even as a smudged liner. For liner I'm taking two of the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners, one in Bronze and one in Deep Purple. I'm also packing an old favourite white liner, to brighten any red eyes or inner corners.

Mascaras - I'm taking two too many. But at least they are samples, right? I'm taking my favourite waterproof L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes for a light use during the day (pretty much the only makeup I wear on beach holidays during the day is mascara,) and of course a few more coats at night. Brows are simple; the Maybelline Brow Drama is a staple for keeping brows in a nice shape whilst lightly filling and adding colour in any sparse areas.


For priming I'm using my standard double act - the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro and the No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach. Luckily the latter is a sample size, so it saves a little more space. Bases - the No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation and maybe the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. Maybe. More than likely I'll only take the foundation. For concealer; there is no negotiation. It has to be the Maybelline Fit Me concealer

Bronzing will be taken care of by theBalm Bahama Mama (handily a contour and eyeshadow too...) and a cheeky bit of bronzing highlight from the Revlon Highlighting Palette in 'Bronze Glow.' Should I need a finishing powder? The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Diffused Light' will be used.



For during the day I'll more than likely just be using my lip balm with a high SPF. If I want a little colour, I'll use the Clarins Instant Sun Light Balm in Sunset Coral, not readily available anymore but you can still get it on ebay. Since I'm a huge fan of a bold, matte, long lasting lip - I'll definitely be taking the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 'Pink Pong' and 'Hot Pepper.' I'm still undecided as to take the Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in Red Square, but it doesn't take up too much room if I do.

For sheer washes of colour, the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 'Tutti Frutti' and 'Candy Apple' will do the job nicely.

Whew. I apologise for that long-as post. 

So that is what I'm more than likely taking, what are your, can't leave home without it products?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!