Tuesday 21 October 2014

Essie | Winter 2014 Collection


If you've been reading this blog for a long time, then you know I love me a good seasonal Essie mini-cube collection - four colours (usually from a lineup of six,) plonked into an adorable cube and obviously being more adorable in mini sizes. Having seen the autumn/fall lineup and not been that impressed (far too similar to last years autumn and winter collections...) but when I saw the winter lineup dubbed 'Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low' ... Queue swooning!


If you saw yesterdays Monday Lusting post, then you'll know there are two other colours part of this collection - some very surprising coral/peach shades (for a winter line,) which leads me to this point; bravo, Essie! This collection is so cheery and festive and whilst I enjoy a dark nail as much as every one else (tres chic, you know,) it's nice to see something a little different. 

From left to right we have; Tuck It In My Tux (an ivory creme with a very slight pink undertone,) Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low (a shimmering light gold,) Double Breasted Jacket (a tourmaline ruby,) and Jump In My Jumpsuit (a berry pink/red.)

As with most of the Essie polishes, I get a good wear of four-five days before chipping occurs and the bold pink/red colours were opaque in one coat (always handy,) the ivory and gold shade only require two also.


And since the ivory shade didn't even show up on my nail wheel, here's a delightful (hah!) picture of the standard 'nail claw' so you can see all shades in action (the pointer and middle finger are the same colour, FYI.) Also worth noting the lightest pink/red shade Double Breasted Jacket is pretty much the same colour as Style Hunter, from the Spring 2014 collection albeit Style Hunter is a touch lighter.

All in all a great little collection from Essie and one that I'll probably be wearing throughout winter, no doubt.

I picked up my mini-cube from eBay here, but I'm sure they will be in Boots/Superdrug before too long!

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!