Friday 10 October 2014

Ten Things #5


It's Friday, I'm feeling pretty grand so let's hit it with a 'ten things that have made me happy' post...
1. Having some poorly pups back from the vet. One dog had some teeth extracted and the other had an operation on his 'cherry eye' - both are fine of course, but seeing them all drowsy from coming off the meds was pretty saddening. It's even better seeing them back to their usual selves, however.

2. Autumn/Winter bedtime. I sound like a child here, but seriously getting ready for bed this time of year just feels a little nicer. In summer I get guilty for going to bed early - that usual "there is so much light, so much to do!" train of thought but when it's all dark/cold/raining? Let's snuggle with a book/youtube/film/music in bed and nod off peacefully.

3. New hair. I had it cut shorter than I usually do and whilst I'm still pondering on styling (I've never been a heat styler kind of gal, more of a spray with sea salt spray and go...) shorter locks, I'm kind of digging it.

4. Making all the soups. And the stews. And the chilli. Just love me a one pot wonder.

5. Thinking of Christmas. I know, I know. I'm pretty lucky because I only have about ten people to buy for but it is so hard deciding what to get for them (this is a good thing of course, we are all happy and healthy, we need for nothing,) - but browsing the internet for Christmas ideas is so fun and inspirational too.

6. Zombies/Walkers. Okay, I don't watch a lot of TV but there are a few exceptions - namely The Walking Dead and my gosh it so close to season five I can see the gore from here!

7. Having fun with make up again. I've actually been forgoing make up most days when I only have to pop out for literally half an hour and I'm totally cool with that these days. So when I do put make up on? So much fun playing with it again.

8. Blogging. I know I've been kind of absent from here and social media since I went on holiday and when I got back I just couldn't get back into the swing of it. I decided to chill out remembering it isn't the end of the world and the ideas soon came swinging back to me. Although it has been pretty busy here at the moment, so even though I am inspired again - life still gets in the way.

9. A/W Clothes. Oh man I love a good lightweight knit. And flannel shirts. Parkas. Boots. Everything. My last few items I had on order arrived and they are all pretty perfect - stuff that will last me a long time, which is handy because of the spending ban...

10. Spending Ban/Saving the moneys. Kind of boring, I know. Aside from a few shower bits and pieces I needed, I haven't spent a dime. Pound. I have so much to save for (car, christmas, potential new computer as this one is barely clinging on to life... trips next year,) great, amazing stupendous things. But man. So many sales. 

What's made you happy this week?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!