Thursday 2 April 2015

A Cleansing Butter?


I know, I know. The title is misleading even if the picture is not. I haven't been washing my face with Lurpak or Clover, don't worry...
You may have seen here that I fell head over heels in love with The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil, but I had held off on purchasing the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter for a long time afterwards - as I already had a few well loved cleansing balms to get through before I made any more purchases.

Butter is the correct term for this cleanser. Whilst balms usually take a little bit of work to melt down into an oil this immediately begins to 'melt down' and when it does feels very similar to the cleansing oil from the same range; very silky and frankly quite sumptuous. 

I've been using this in the evenings as more of a skin cleanser or second cleanse after the cleansing oil and together they work a treat at obviously getting rid of make up/SPF/general 'grime' from the day. The scent whilst fresh is very light and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, plus the scent of camomile is very relaxing making it perfect for an evening routine.

What I was a little concerned about was the tin, or rather the amount of product actually inside the tin and how quickly I'd be repurchasing another one (if I liked it, of course,) but it's actually lasting a surprisingly long time. However one little niggle is the tin lid itself is a little bit annoying to screw back on, but that just might be me being cack-handed of an evening. 

This has been leaving my face feeling very soft, hydrated but obviously, most importantly clean without feeling 'stripped' or any uncomfortable tightness. So everything what I want/need in a cleanser

I am finding this to be a really enjoyable cleanser (despite my finicky ways with metal packaging,) and will definitely be making a repurchase when this runs out.

Have you tried the Camomile Cleansing Butter?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!