Tuesday 26 August 2014

What's On My Face #2


For the most part, I either work one or three ways with my make up for during the day - barely anything, a subtle smokey eye or barely anything with a bold lip. Pretty much. This post is the subtle smokey eye which I wear more often than not...


Woah. Face. For those that are interested; my face hasn't appeared on this blog for the longest time because I caught the chicken pox (a hideously scratchy/itchy, terribly nauseous and generally horrific time I will never forget,) not that long ago. So, scars and such forth knocked me back a little bit. S'all good. But on with the makeup.

Base; I don't need to go into priming details because I always use this duo. Non-negotiable. I went back to an old favourite with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I had forgotten how amazing this stuff is. Light, buildable. Usual fare. Lovely. For concealing I always use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, again, non-negotiable. For cheekbones, forehead, center of nose and cupids bow I take a little of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer and the No7 Skin Illuminator, mix it together and boom. Instant glow with zero shimmer. Just glow. As if that wasn't enough glowing base, I powder with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. It takes away redness and gives a great soft-focus kind of effect.

Eyes; I start off with a primer or cream shadow - for this I just used the No7 Smoothing Eye Base. I start with the palest shade of the Real Techniques Modern Natural Kit and work that mostly over the inner corners of my lid. Then, the second shade in, that gorgeous bronze/gold gets worked over the rest of the lid. Blend blend blend. For a little definition, I use the taupe/lavender shade in the 'outers' of my eye (I should make a terminology list, right?) blending all the while. This kit is pretty damn pigmented so I use literally the smallest amount. Under my lower lashline, I essentially do the same with a liner brush - working from light to darkest shade and smudging it all together. Followed with a quick curl and lashings of the L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash Mascara. Brows are standard, a quick work through with the Revlon Brow Fantasy gel side ensures they are filled in and set. 

Lips; A quick application of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Notting Hill Nude.' It's just the perfect mix of brown, peach and pink for my fair skin tone.

So, what's on your face?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!