Thursday 16 October 2014

A/W Skincare Edit | AM Routine


I haven't indulged in a skincare routine post for a little while and thought I would show what I'm loving for my morning routine at present now the weather is coming a little colder...
Cleanse: I start the day with the Nuxe Reve de Miel Cleansing Gel as it's targeted for sensitive/dry skin and unlike a lot of cleansing gels, doesn't feel stripping of moisture and actually leaves everything a lot more soothed and hydrated. 

If I've used an overnight mask, I more often than not go in with a secondary cleanse - for this I use the No7 Cleansing Balm - don't be fooled by the name, this is a straight up cream cleanser but name niggle aside, it is fantastically soothing and overall a gentle product so great for first thing in the morning.

Toner: I love a good moisturising toner and one that I'm obsessed with is the Caudalie Mositurising Toner. I'd been trying to get my hands on this for ages but it was always sold out. It does what it says on the tube and moisturises the skin, a great prep before serum and moisturiser...

Serum: Since my skin is a little sensitive, I like to use The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum at keeping the redness at bay whilst also hydrating the skin. This feels more like a cream than a serum so definitely amps up the hydration than the standard serums I use during the rest of the year.

Moisturiser: My all time favourite, the one and only; La Roche Posay Hydreane. I have both versions of this, Riche and Legere or rich/light to us English folks. I loved the Legere during the summer months for the night, but at the moment I'm using it for the day time - it still feels hydrating without as much 'richness' as the Riche, so a great option for oily/combination skin types. Obviously, once the Legere runs out I'll be switching back to Riche for both day and night, but for now it's working a charm.

What's your A/W skincare routine?

Sophie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

thanks for commenting!